Benefits Of Membership
As a member of MCPA you have the opportunity to network, learn and promote Psychology.
MCPA has much to offer.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Membership
- Collaborate and network with other psychologists in the Mercer County
- Learn about a variety of topics and best practices from experts in the field at our quarterly workshops
- Earn CE (Continuing Education) credits fro attending workshops
- Be listed in the online Membership Directory on our web site, if you are also a member of NJPA
- Interact with colleagues via the Association list serve
- Join different committees and be an active member of the Board
- Participate in book discussion and case consultation groups
- Gain exposure in the community by participating in our Community Education Workshops
- Members pay a reduced fee to attend workshops
- Write an article for the web site
- Enjoy free events such as Movie Night, Networking Luncheon and Member Appreciation Dinner
Eligibility and Dues
Full Member: Doctoral degree in Psychology, with or without license. Dues $50/yr.
Associate Member: Master’s degree in psychology or a related field. Dues $35/yr.
Student Member: Graduate student in psychology or a related field. Dues $15/yr.
Workshop Cost is $25 for members ($30 for non-members) and includes the presentation and a continental breakfast
Annual party is free for members
Join A Committee
Get involved, we need you! Our Executive Board is always open to new ideas and initiatives. Our committees can always use extra help. You can do as much or as little as you like.
Recruits members and updates membership Information
- Sends out applications annually to current and new members
- Contacts new NJPA members in Mercer County to determine interest in MCPA
- Updates the list of members on computer spreadsheet
- Sends updated information for any member to website committee to update the website
- Recruits new members by phone calls and letters
- Committee Chairs: Jamie Gordon-Karp and Irene Eckert
Coordinates elections annually for officers and Board members
- Emails the membership to request nominations (June/July)
- Confirms nominations and presents election slate for Board approval (August)
- Sends election ballots to members (October)
- Tallies election results and presents to Board (November)
- Committee Chair: Eleanor Seigel
- Contacts presenter and coordinates presentation materials
- Arranges for CE credits
- Sends information to chair of publicity committee and website committee
- Mails program announcements
- Adds new members to mailing list
- Committee Chairs: Patricia Conners and Judy Margolin
Affiliate Caucus Representative
Serves as a liaison between MCPA, the NJPA Board and the other affiliates of NJPA
- Attends affiliate caucus meetings (3-4/yr at different locations)
- Keeps MCPA members informed about professional issues that NJPA, the state Board, and county affiliates are discussing or taking action on
- Attend NJPA Board meetings
- Affiliate Representative: Phyllis Marganoff
- Updates membership workshop information
- Adds/deletes member information in the directory
- Coordinates with computer consultant, web server when necessary
- Committee Chair: Karen Cohen
List Serve Committee
- Updates membership information on the list serve
- Announces upcoming workshops to members, NJPA and other Affiliates
- Organizes and initiates Phone Chain for workshops
Publicizes workshops and other MCPA events
- Emails workshop announcements to MCPA list serve, NJPA (Friday Update) and other places on the Marketing list
- Initiates phone chain (via email/calls) prior to workshops
- Sends thank you note to presenter of workshop
- Creates yearly calendar of workshops (coordinate with NJPA and other affiliate groups where possible
Committee Chair: Shared
Member at Large
Nominated and Elected by the Membership of MCPA
- Serves as representative of the general membership to the Executive Board of MCPA
- Attends MCPA Executive Board Meetings
- Participates in a supportive role in variety of committee activities or events
- Members at Large: Sandra Grundfest, Valerie Brooks-Klein, Judy Margolin, Gregg Moore
The Mercer County Psychological Association is an organization of psychologists who live and/or work in Mercer County, NJ.
To become a member.
To renew your membership.
FIND A MEMBER
MCPA is a diverse group of psychologists located throughout Mercer County. Browse our directory to find colleagues in your geographic area, those with similar clinical interests or those to whom you can turn for their expertise.
UPCOMPING EVENTS & WORKSHOPS