The purpose of MCPA is three fold: to Promote Professional Development, to Serve the Community and to Advance Our Profession.
Promote Professional Development
- Provide continuing education for psychologists in Mercer County
- Provide networking opportunities that allow psychologists to learn from one another and to know the broad range of skill sets in our community
Serve as a Mental Health Resource for the Community
- Provide community service events to educate the public
- Provide psychological service to community members
- Serve as the mental health resource for other professionals in the community
- Promote cordial relations with other professionals in the community to promote awareness of both the profession of psychology and the psychological services available in the county
Advance the Practice and Science of Psychology
- Support the New Jersey Psychological Association and the American Psychological Association in their efforts to promote the profession.
- Understand the scientific underpinnings of our field to enhance the practice of psychology in all settings including community agencies, schools, hospitals, and private practices
The Mercer County Psychological Association is an organization of psychologists who live and/or work in Mercer County, NJ.
PSYCHOLOGY AND PSYCHOTHERAPY ARTICLES
Curious about a psychological issue? Find articles on a wide variety of mental health topics, some written by MCPA members.
Learn about other useful websites for important information on a variety of psychological and mental health needs.
UPCOMING EVENTS & WORKSHOPS